top of page

Codes Enforcement

Code Enforcement responsibilities consist of many aspects. If you are going to build an addition to your home, erect a shed, install a swimming pool, erect a detached garage, demolish an existing building, etc. you must call and file an application for a Building Permit with the Codes Enforcement Officer before doing any construction. If you do not and the Codes Enforcement Officer finds you doing work, he may place a "Stop Order" and prevent you from continuing any further work until the necessary application is filed and permit issued. The Codes Enforcement Officer drives through the Village to be sure that the Zoning and Building Codes of Residential and Commercial zones are being followed correctly.

Codes Enforcement Officer:

George J. Farley
P.O. Box 904
Oriskany, NY 13424


Building permit applications are available. They can also be obtained from the Village Office. Please mail  completed applications to the address above. Applications can also be delivered to the village office or emailed to the village clerk at

bottom of page